A babies gut is immature and takes time to develop before it can handle proper food. it takes 3 months before it has any digestive enzymes. Improper weaning can lead later to food intolerances and food sensitivity.
A working parent myself I realize how the reality of busy lives and existing entrenched habits can make it difficult to follow optimum nutrition for yourself and your children. There will be no rules just guidance providing you with all the necessary information to enable you to find your own way.
This workshop aims to:
- Give you the best and most current information that is available to help you raise a healthy child including the right amount from each of the food groups.
- Background knowledge on the basic physiology of our babies.
- Provide advice on how to deal with allergies and intolerances and how to try to prevent them in the first place!
- discuss purees versus baby-led weaning.
- Special diets including vegetarian, vegan and raw.
- Equipment which is useful.
- Demonstration of different recipes.
- Recommended books.
My workshops are small limited to 6 parents and take place in my lovely home in Hove. You are more than welcome to bring your baby along to the session. I am also an Ofsted registered childminder so my house is very child friendly!